Writing and audio by Khensani de Klerk and Solange Mbanefo
A letter exchange between friends- sisters.
The letters appear as a sequence for your reading, or as an audio in the video, below.
- Mohamoud, D. A. (2015). Reversing the Brain Drain in Africa: Harnessing the Intellectual Capital of the Diaspora for Knowledge Development in Africa . SAHAN Wetenschappelijk onderzoek & adviesbureau . Amsterdam: SAHAN Wetenschappelijk onderzoek & adviesbureau .
- Marshall, J. (2016, November 17). Mobility of African students – Europe losing ground. Retrieved February 11, 2018, from http://www.universityworldnews.com/article.php?story=20161117045045147
- The Economist. (2013, July 13). Africa’s Migrant Crisis. Retrieved February 11, 2018, from The Economist: http://country.eiu.com/article.aspx?articleid=265680610&Country=South%20Africa&topic=Economy
- Hülsekopf, K. (2014). The Migration of Africa’s Intellectual Capital: An explorative research on the career trajectories of academics from other African countries employed at the University of Cape Town, South Africa . University of Cape Town, Developmental Studies. Cape Town: University of Cape Town.
- Solange. (2016, September 30). Where Do We Go. A Seat At The Table . New York City, New York, US: Saint Records and Columbia Records.
- Dictionary, d. (2018). diaspora Meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary. [online] Dictionary.cambridge.org. Available at: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/diaspora.
- Mazrui, A. A. A. (1986). The Africans: A triple heritage. London: BBC Publications.
- Rastaman Vibration Album. (n.d.). Lyrics.com. Retrieved February 15, 2018, from https://www.lyrics.com/album/2532179.
- Ephesians 5:15-17 The Holy Bible, New International Version,(NIV). (1984). Grand Rapids: Zondervan Publishing House : Be very careful, then, how you live —not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.
- Proverbs, P. (2018). Pidgin English Proverbs. [online] Naijamuminlondon.blogspot.com. Available at: http://naijamuminlondon.blogspot.com/p/pidgin-english-proverbs.html
- Esa.un.org. (2018). World Urbanization Prospects The 2014 Revision. [online] Available at: https://esa.un.org/unpd/wup/publications/files/wup2014-highlights.pdf
- Annan, Kofi, “The Global African”, in Parviz Morewedge, The Scholar Between Thought and Experience (Binghamton, NY: Institute of Global Cultural Studies, 2001), pp. 339–340.
- Okpewho, Isidore. “Introduction”, in Parviz Morewedge, The Scholar Between Thought and Experience (Binghamton, NY: Institute of Global Cultural Studies, 2001), pp. xiii-xv.
- Seifudein Adem. Paradigm Lost, Paradigm Regained: The Worldview of Ali A. Mazrui, Provo, Utah: Global Humanities Press, 2002.